Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday night- Tool #2

Learning communities seem like an excellent way to grow as teachers. However, the blog by itself is not a learning community, is just one of the tools that can be used in the community. How big can the community become? 10 members, 100 members, 1,000 members? How can we really get information(or help) out of it? What else can we incorporate to the learning community? Like any tool, it will take some effort to figure out the best way to use a blog to share information and learn from it.

It is interesting to note the last point in the commenting advice says to "make it easy to comment". We actually have to login in (or register) to be able to post comments in the blog. This gives certain "protection" to the learning community from unwanted comments, but I am sure it curtails a lot of "visitors" from actually commenting on the posts.

I am not sure who am I going to follow. For now, I'll follow the ones that are following me. I'll edit this post to provide the entire list.

6 comments:

  1. I am commenting on my own post. Time on the post shows 5:15, but the time on the computer is 7:50. I wonder why they don't match. No, I did not logged in at 5:15, but around 6:00.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious! I opened your comment section wandering what other people posted only to find you commenting on your own post. Anyway, making it easy to comment doesn't mean making it easy to "post" a comment. Just imagine what a mess it could be if people could just post a comment easily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem to post comments plus questions for us to ponder. Like your style! As I read your posts, you gave me more to think about...great ideas!(or great questions)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Rodolfo I have to say that you have some interesting questions and I do agree with some of the things you have to say in your post. Specially me that for the longest time was having trouble with this blog that wouldn't open and crash all the time. Well I guess it decided to work today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your question about the time on your blog...when you set up your blog there was a place to change from California time (where the Blogger folks work!) to Houston time.

    you can go back into your settings and change the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Martinez. I enjoyed reading your post, specially your questions. I also wonder How can we really get information(or help) out of a blogg? That is some food for thought!

    ReplyDelete